Sunday 8 November 2015

H2 Math Paper 2 Questions?

Every year, after the first paper, my students would never fail to ask me for advice on the topics to focus on for the second paper. No exception this year. The only exception is some of my students, on different occasions, told (and encourage) me to publish them on my blog.

Anyway, here are the 4 topics that I think will appear in paper 2. But please students, do not just study these 4 topics. By now, no matter what questions appear, you must be confident enough to handle them.

What if I am wrong? I am not a good guesser, as I always tell my students. :(
So what if I am correct? Hmm... Then yeah! :)


Vector geometry
- All your planes, lines, points.
- Distance, foot of perpendicular, intersection, mirror image etc.

Differential equations
- Well, nothing much to say.
- Most likely some population growth or some shadow on the floor that changes length.

Sequence and series
- Mathematical induction with method of difference.
- Maybe there will summation sign somewhere.

Complex numbers
- The lovely Argand diagram.
- Of course the range of argument and the longest/shortest distance is our favourite.

All the best for paper 2! Remember to enjoy the paper like I always do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any feedback so that I can improve. :)